Summary of qualifications
Professional woodworker and Draftsman/CNC programmer with a keen eye for artistic quality and an awareness of client-driven end-results. Qualified supervisor and manager with the proven ability to develop and maintain a strong teamwork atmosphere. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Quick learner who is eager to obtain and develop new skills.
|August 2007 - Present
||Joseph Zamabarano Woodworking
Lead Woodworker/Draftsman/CNC Programmer/CNC Operator
Lead Woodworker in a custom cabinet and woodworking shop serving high-end clientele in the Austin area and nearby communities.
- Leading numerous projects (over 20), including complex and multi-room designs.
- Filled in position as Shop Supervisor as required by the company.
- AutoCAD drafting and manipulation for templates and construction details.
- Drafting and layout using AutoCAD and Microvellum for cabinet and furniture details.
- Generating code for CNC operation using Microvellum, AutoCabinets, and manual code entry.
- Operating and maintaining CNC equipment (Cosmec 515 CNC Router).
- Building cabinets, cabinet doors, drawers and other parts using a variety of common and specialized tools.
- Built over 10 custom furniture pieces including tables and interior doors.
- Creating custom layouts and templates for complicated arches and detail work on doors, countertops, and other woodwork.
- Maintaining shop equipment including table saws (sliding and contractor style), routers, shapers, sanders, and various hand tools.
|Sept - Dec 2006
Entry Door Craftsman
Craftsman in a custom entry and garage door shop.
- Built entry doors and jambs for high-end clientele.
- Installed jambs and entry doors in client’s houses.
- Created custom layouts and templates for complicated arches and detail work on doors.
|2002 - 2006
Craftsman in a custom cabinet shop servicing high-end clientele in the Northampton/Amherst area and nearby communities.
- Built cabinet boxes, doors, drawers, and drawer fronts using a variety of specialized tools including dovetail machines, panel saws, and shaper tables.
- Stained and spray finished cabinets, door/drawer fronts, and drawer boxes using HVLP and Air-assisted airless spray guns.
- Installed custom cabinets in client’s homes and places of business.
|1999 - 2002
||New Century Theatre
Master Carpenter 2001 - 2002
Head Carpenter 2000
Responsible for the execution of set designer plans for an Equity theatre company.
- Built and repaired sets for 16 productions in both a “black box” theatre (135 seats) and proscenium theatre (585 seats)
- Supervised interns during their scene shop and paint shop rotations as well as load-in and load-out of sets.
Assistant Technical Director
A support position in the Smith College theatre department.
- Built and repaired sets for theatrical productions, working with the Dance Department on their performances, and general shop maintenance.
- Instructor: Theater 200
- Supervised student workers during their shop hours.
|University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Bachelor of Arts in Theater, 2002 – Concentration on Technical Theater
- Coursework included training in Scenic Design and Construction,
- Metalworking, Pneumatics, Rigging, Lighting Design, Drafting, and Production.
- Educational work experience included:
- Assistant Technical Director for 2 undergraduate productions.
- Scene Shop Assistant (1996 -1999/2001-2002)
- Assisted the Technical Director in leading shop sessions of Theater 160: Beginning Techniques for Design.
- Carpenter work on over 15 theater productions at UMass.